Kindwood Bag Kiln Dried Logs
We are excited to announce we have new partners - Kindwood, based in Norfolk. We now stock their bags of logs and firelighters and kindling to help you get a fire going tonight.
Kindwood Ready to Burn kiln dried logs are guaranteed to be sourced in the UK within 80 miles of their yard (and usually within 40). They’re cut and kiln dried using renewable energy generated from a bio-gas plant - they use nothing from the grid - the process is carbon-negative.
To ensure high quality at all times, Kindwood Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs meet strict quality control guidelines for moisture content, size, volume, species and origin.
- Kiln-dried to less than 20% moisture content
- Dried using 100% captured waste heat from a biogas plant at their yard
- All wood sourced within 80-miles of yard
- Reusable packaging
- Burns at a high temperature with a long and natural flame
- Low in tar so better for your appliance
- Ideal for wood burning stoves, multi-fuel stoves, pizza ovens or traditional open fires
- Can be used in fire pits to keep you warm outside on late summer nights
- Packed in Hessian sacks (made from Jute)
- Carefully sourced from responsibly managed woodland in the UK
Kiln dried logs provide you with the optimum burn quality with maximum heat output. The kiln-drying process in their captured waste heat kilns removes most of the water for you, down to below an average of 20% moisture content. Burning kiln dried logs limit and prevent the build-up of soot or tar in your chimney or flue and will ensure your stove glass is kept clean and because you get so much heat output, you will need fewer kiln dried logs than if you were to buy seasoned logs. Kiln-dried logs provide you with a consistent product that you can rely on every time, unlike ‘seasoned logs’ which can be inconsistent in terms of their moisture content due to the natural and varied drying process. The standard length of 25cm kiln dried logs is recommended by stove manufacturers to fit 99% of wood-burning or multi-fuel stoves.
Also try these Kindwood products;
New UK regulations came into force on May 1st 2021 with regards to fuel. All suppliers must sell wood that has no more than 20% moisture content. We’re really pleased to embrace these regs and encourage all of our customers to buy responsibly. Source a good, local wood supplier, like Kindwood and you’ll enjoy your fire pit for years to come.
We would advise against burning cold, wet branches, kindling and recently cut wood as this causes a lot of smoke.