We have new partners in the form of Kindwood, based just across the country in Norfolk. And here's why...
Kindwood Firelighters are made from 100% waste wood and recycled vegetable oil. Making them the UK's most sustainable natural firelighters.
With an odourless 8-10 minute burn time, they're easy to light and efficiently get your fire going in no time. You will only need 1 to light your fire unless you want to light your fire quickly.
Use Kindwood Natural Firelighters as you would with any other firelighter, but remember these will last 10 minutes, giving a long-lasting heat and therefore you should expect to use far less than you would with other firelighter options.
- Long Burn Time (8-10 minutes each), with the first 5 minutes producing the strongest flame
- Easy To Light
- Extremely stable with a very long shelf life
- Do not lose their firepower even after opening
- No unpleasant smells
- Not oily or greasy
- Can be stored in proximity to food
- Made from 100% recycled materials (natural wood waste & vegetable oil)
Kindwood Kindling is excellent for various indoor and outdoor burning. For example:
- Starting a fire in your wood burner or open fire at home
- Starting a campfire on your next camping trip
- Lighting your barbecue or fire pit
Kindwood Ready to Burn Kiln Dried Logs are guaranteed to be sourced in the UK within 80 miles of their yard (and usually within 40). They’re cut and kiln dried using renewable energy generated from a bio-gas plant - they use nothing from the grid - the process is carbon-negative.
To ensure high quality at all times, their Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs meet strict quality control guidelines for moisture content, size, volume, species and origin.
- Kiln-dried to less than 20% moisture content
- Dried using 100% captured waste heat from a biogas plant at our yard
- Burns at a high temperature with a long and natural flame
- Low in tar so better for your appliance
- Ideal for wood burning stoves, multi-fuel stoves, pizza ovens or traditional open fires
- Can be used in fire pits to keep you warm outside on late summer nights
- Packed in Hessian sacks (made from Jute)
- Carefully sourced from responsibly managed woodland in the UK
Kiln dried logs provide you with the optimum burn quality with maximum heat output. The kiln-drying process in their captured waste heat kilns removes most of the water for you, down to below an average of 20% moisture content. Burning kiln dried logs limit and prevent the build-up of soot or tar in your chimney or flue and will ensure your stove glass is kept clean and because you get so much heat output, you will need fewer kiln dried logs than if you were to buy seasoned logs. Kiln-dried logs provide you with a consistent product that you can rely on every time, unlike ‘seasoned logs’ which can be inconsistent in terms of their moisture content due to the natural and varied drying process. The standard length of 25cm kiln dried logs is recommended by stove manufacturers to fit 99% of wood-burning or multi-fuel stoves.